|Kayak Rentals and Gear Rentals - SierraRios
FOR YOUR OWN PADDLING ADVENTURE
General camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, Therm-a-rests, Paco Pads, camp chairs) and paddling gear (PFDs, paddle jackets, helmets) are available in all countries where we offer trips. Listings of specific kayaks, rafts, frames, and paddles available can be viewed at the Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Ethiopia, and China/Myanmar webpages. Note that if you are contracting full Outfitting Services, it includes rafts, frames, kayaks and paddles. Rental pricing is shown below in the table for those wishing to rent individual items or extras. Note explanations of each item and policies on deposits and damages below. If interested in reserving something, send an email listing your name, items requested, river to be paddled, and dates needed: RESERVE.
|RENTAL PRICING TABLE|
|all prices in USD|
* G1 kayak : refers to "Grade 1", which is a current model or very recent model kayak in excellent shape. Kayak rentals include a paddle of similar grade. All kayaks may need additional outfitting before use to make snug fits and be sure all bolts and pieces are present and snugly in place. A G1 paddle refers to a kayak paddle with MSRP >$200.
* G2 kayak : refers to "Grade 2", which is an older model kayak in excellent shape or a recent model kayak with a repair. Kayak rentals include a paddle of similar grade. All kayaks may need additional outfitting before use to make snug fits and be sure all bolts and pieces are present and snugly in place. A G2 paddle refers to a kayak paddle with MSRP <$200.
* Raft : refers to a 4.0-5.0 m (13'-17') SierraRios self-bailer raft or 14'-16' Rocky Mountain self-bailer raft, but could be a 14' or 13' raft as well. 13' rafts are discounted 10% from the normal price.
* Frame : includes an NRS frame, NRS oarlocks, straps, cargo net, three 9' or 10' oars (Cataract or Carlisle), a pair of oar rights, and 1-2 coolers or dryboxes. Frames for the 16' self-bailers are Compact Outfitter, NRS Bighorn I , or NRS Bighorn II (all are 88" long; 66" wide - this width is best with 9' oars). Frames for the catarafts are NRS Universal (108" long; 66" wide) or Top Cat (120" long; 72" wide; only one footbar; best with 10' oars).
* Cataraft : refers to 4.0-5.0 m (14' or 16') tubes, while the frame is a Top Cat (120" long; 72" wide; only one footbar; best with 10' oars), NRS Universal (108" long; 66" wide) or Sport Cat type (88" long; 66" wide).
* Full kitchen : includes 2 large folding tables; 1 roll-a-table; 2 coolers/dryboxes with a set of pots, pans, serving bowls, cutting boards, bowls, plates, cups, utensils, knives; 1 large Dutch oven; 2 lanterns + extra D batteries; 1 machete; 1 large thermos; 1 French press; 2 two-burner stoves (or sometimes a 4-burner Partner stove); 2 propane tank(s), 1 dish drying bag; 1 rain tarp (16' NRS river wing or 16' Kelty Noah's tarp); 3 dishwash tubs; 2 handwash systems; 2 handwash buckets (5 gal); 1 toilet; 1 shovel
* Water purification system : includes 1 Katadyn Expedition filter; 1 water purification kit (droppers, alum, bleach); 1 NRS tuff-sack drybag; 2 water collection buckets (5 gal); 2 clear water jugs (20L); 2 water bags (20L);
* SP box : "Sat Phone and Solar Panels" is a 20mm rocket box that includes 1 Inmarsat satellite phone (one minute voice or two texts included per day of rental; beyond that it's $1.50/minute voice or $.50 per text); 1 Goal Zero Sherpa100 charger/inverter; 2 Nomad20 solar panels; The sat phone works in the entire canyon (it uses a geostationary satellite over the equator) and calls/texts can be to anywhere in the world. The Goal Zero system allows recharging any device on standard AC plugs.
Kayaks available in Chiapas. Paddle jackets available in Chiapas.
lost kayak: MSRP (G1), $800 (G2), $600 (G3)
RIVERS TO CONSIDER: